"eduroam” is a secure wireless network using the protocol WPA2/AES and with authentication by EAP-TLS.
The protocol WPA/TKIP is also supported for older devices.
- Web (HTTP, HTTPS, passive FTP)
- Mail (POP3, POP3s, IMAP4, IMAPs, SMTPs e SMTP; sending via STARTTLS)
- Secure protocols (SSH, IPsec VPN, OpenVPN, PPTP, RDP)
- Access to the roaming wireless local area networks (WLAN) federate Eduroam
- Maximum network bandwidth 1024 kbit/sec
To operate in this network it is necessary to:
- Have a terminal with a wireless card that is compatible with the radio standards adopted: IEEE 802.11b (2,4 GHz 11 Mbps) and IEEE 802.11g (2,4 GHz 54 Mbps). For more details see the site Wi-Fi Alliance. In some areas the following standards are also available; IEEE802.11a (5 Ghz 54 Mbps) and 802.11n Draft 2.0 (2,4Ghz and 5Ghz)
- Have a terminal with an operating system, drivers and software that support WPA ™ - Enterprise. For more details see the site Wi-Fi Alliance
- Ensure that the terminal has been configured for the automatic assignment of the network configuration (DHCP)
- Sign in by configuring the terminal, see the following paragraph.
Configure your terminal and get access to the network
To configure your terminal click on your operating system and follow the instructions:
Nb: If the operating system is not listed please contact the help desk or connect to the “POLIMI" Network
Network communication is not allowed between users of the "Eduroam " network. There is a maximum number of concurrent users for each access point.