It is a wireless network with (SSID) "polimi-protected” that is protected by protocol WPA2/AES and EAP-TLS WPA2/AES authentication. The protocol WPA/TKIP is also available for older devices.
- Web (HTTP, HTTPS, passive FTP)
- Mail (POP3, POP3s, IMAP4, IMAPs, SMTPs e SMTP sending via STARTTLS)
- Secure protocols (SSH, IPsec VPN, OpenVPN, PPTP, RDP)
- Maximum network bandwidth 1024 kbit/sec
To operate in this network it is necessary to:
- Have a terminal with a wireless card compatible with the adopted radio standards: IEEE 802.11b (2,4 GHz 11 Mbps) and IEEE 802.11g (2,4 GHz 54 Mbps). For more details see the website Wi-Fi Alliance. The following standards are also available in some areas; IEEE802.11a (5 Ghz 54 Mbps) and 802.11n Draft 2.0 (2,4Ghz and 5Ghz)
- Have a terminal with an operating system, drivers and software that support WPA ™ - Enterprise. For more details see the website Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Ensure that the terminal has been configured for the automatic assignment of the network configuration (DHCP)
- Sign in by configuring the terminal, see the following paragraph.
Configure your terminal and get access to the network
To configure your terminal click on your operating system and follow the wizard:
Nb: Nb: If the operating system is not listed please contact the help desk or connect to the “Polimi" Network
Network communication is not allowed between users of the "POLIM protected " network.
There is a maximum number of concurrent users for each access point.